Mein - Ofcourse Me..
Meri Patni - Sital - As most of you readers know, my friend Sital is staying with for a few months.. Her husband works in New Jersey, so for the time being I am her husband.. I tell her that she looks pretty and sometimes I tell her that she looks fat, but then I have to add that she does have that pregnancy glow that everyone talks about :-) ..
Woh - Sapan - Last weekend, I spent Saturday with Sital making Sapan feel that I betrayed him and that I am not even ashamed of cheating on him ;-).. Oh well, sometimes he is the "woh" in our relationship..
Anyway, back to food.. On sunday morning, I was craving some brunch food so, we decided to go to Cambridge Common . Though, after realizing that we had been eating out too much and spending too much money, I decided to cook brunch at home.. I planned on making some omlettes for the three of us. Sapan also suggested that I make some home fries with it. So, I made those too..
The picture in this post is from the previous time that I had made omlettes.. The result was so good that now Sital and Sapan are going to pray to God that I make brunch for them every week.. Here is the recipe for a single omlette..
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
1 Tsp finely chopped green chillies
1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped white onion
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp butter
splash of milk
salt to taste
1. Heat a non-stick skillet with butter on high heat
2. In a bowl, add the cilantro, chillies, onions and tomatoes.
3. Crack the 2 eggs on this mixture and beat it a little to combine everything
4. Add the milk, salt and pepper and beat it some more so that all the ingredients are properly mixed
5. Once the butter is heated, pour this mixture in a skillet. You might want to make sure that the mixutre is distributed evenly in the pan. Do this quickly though, as eggs start to cook very rapidly.
6. Cover this skillet and let it cook for about 3 - 4 minutes.
7. After this time, You should see them fluff up on the top side. Also, check to see if the eggs are cooked at the bottom. One way to check this is to try and shake the skillet to see if the omlette will shake loose. Another way to check is to use a spatula and go around the edges. If they lift up easily and the spatula comes up clean (ie, not liquidy), the eggs are cooked on the bottom
8. Very gently, lift up the bottom of the omlette with a spatula and flip the omlette over. If you use the first method of shaking the skillet, you might want to be adventurous and try flipping the omlette in air. I tried this and it worked beautifully.
9. Cover this again and let it cook for couple more minutes on the other side.
10. Plate and serve hot with buttered toast.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
On Friday June 27th Sapan said to me, lets go to Barmakian Jewellers in Natick to see what kind of rings they have. Its always good to shop around. We decided that we would go on Saturday.. For some reason (Oh, I think its because we went to see the Sex and the City movie) we ended up not going to the jewellers. And, then the rest of the week went by quite quickly as well. On Thursday July 3rd, we decided to try again, and then it rained and we never ended up getting to the store but decided that we would go on Monday. On Friday July 4th, Sapan insisted on having to talk to his parents before we left for Maine. I thought he was insisting because we were going to be away for the weekend and wouldn't have good cell phone reception. Little did I know this was all planning and fake plays for the big event..
When we were driving to Maine, I decided to give my mom a call.. Couldn't reach her, so, left her a message.. She called me back, we talked for a few minutes and then she abruptly hung up.
We were almost done getting ready to go watch the fireworks. Sapan was sitting in chair with his laptop in his lap and there was something in his pocket. We were also watching the bottom of the 9th inning of the RedSox - Yankees game with 1 man on 2nd and 2 outs. , where the Red Sox were up 6 - 3. Anyway, I asked Sapan what was in his pocket and he mumbled "oh nothing" and pretty much right then, Coco Crisp made that awesome diving catch which they ruled a base hit and a run scored with a man on second now. The tying run was now at the plate, so, I forgot about the fact that there was soemething in Sapan's pocket and I started watching the game. Anyway, the Red Sox won the game, so, I now wanted to go out and watch the fireworks.
As we were leaving Sapan asked me if I wanted to know what was in his pocket and I said "sure" and he pulled out the ring box and man oh man I was suprised.. I had not expected this at all.. He then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him and slipped the gorgeous ring on my finger and ofcourse I accepted. He then asked me if I wanted to celebrate, to which I again said "sure".. He then asked me to look in the drawers of the dresser that was in our room to see if they had something we could celebrate with.. I wasn't quite sure what was going on, so, to put me out of my misery, he opened the drawer and pulled out a box which had 2 beautiful Champagne flutes with our names and date and hearts engraved on it. He also pulled out a bottle of Champagne which had been chilling quite stealthily behind the chair..
After our mini celebration, we called our parents and asked for their blessings, which they very lovingly gave us.. Thanks!
And, then we spent the next 2 days hiking and driving and enjoying the rustic beauty of Maine.
The rest of the pictures from our trip are posted
Hmm.. Our story has just begun so, there is no epilogue.. As for our next milestone, we are looking forward to planning our wedding. Suggestions that would make our planning easier are always welcome! We are hoping that all our near and dear ones can make it to our wedding and share our joy!