Yesterday evening, as I wrapping up work and thinking about what to have for dinner, I had this sudden craving for Panki. Panki as my mom makes it is this savory rice flour pancake with lots of pepper. So, I promptly called my mom and got the recipe, got home and tried making it. It was actually pretty yummy!! Here is the recipe..
1 Cup Rice Flour
1 Cup Yogurt
2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Pepper
2 Tsp Ground Cummin
1/4 Tsp Turmeric
1/4 Cup Water
3 Tsp Oil
1. Mix all the Ingredients well till you form a batter slightly thicker than regular pancake batter
2. Heat a non stick pan over medium high heat. I usually add 1/4 tsp of oil to this just to make sure that the pancake doesn't stick to the pan
3. Spoon about 1/4 of the mixture onto the pan and spread it evenly
4. Place a lid on the pan and cook covered over medium high heat for around 3-5 minutes till the bottom is golden brown
5. Flip it over, cover it and cook it for another 1-2 minutes
6. Voila, its done!! Plate it on the side that was cooked first, serve hot.
You can serve this with Cilantro chutney. I like to eat it plain.